This is best understood by looking at each of the key terms individually and with examples.
Stock can be any asset of the built environment:
- Assets (Buildings or Components); domestic, commercial, industrial or institutional
- Spaces; public spaces, parks, pavements; private spaces, corridors or atria
- Facilities; provision of lighting or accessibility
- Attributes; material, measure or location
Condition is the criteria by which the stock is to be judged. Typical condition issues include;
- State of repair or disrepair
- Physical state + need for maintenance
- Existence of components
- Health + Safety
- Fitness for purpose
- Capacity to meet regulatory requirements
- Capacity to meet performance requirements
AG have a wealth of experience undertaking Stock Condition Surveys and we ensure our Clients are provided with clear, strategic advice.